Welcome to our NHS Class of '70 Website
If you are one of our Needham High School classmates and new to our website please read this page! It will answer most if not all of your questions on:
- Getting a password
- Creating a profile
- Using the website.
Our website is currently maintained by Joan O'Connell and Ed Merritt. If you have questions as you update your profile, please use "Contact Us" and one or both of us will get back to you as quickly as possible.
This Needham High 1970 website it is free for our classmates. You will not be asked to pay to create your profile or, to access other class member's profiles. If you have not already done so, join the site and create your own personal Profile. By joining, you will be able to view profiles (pages) of other classmates who've chosen to protect their information from non-classmates. (More on that below.)
And, all the contact information (street address, phone number, e-mail address) is completely confidential. You have the opportunity to share it with REGISTERED class members but it is never shown to the "outside world".
Getting a password & creating a Profile:
- Click on the Classmate Profiles link (on the left).
- Find your name (they're alphabetical by graduating last name) and click on it.
- If your name is not on the Classmate Profiles page, please click contact us and we can add your name. We welcome Classmates who went to Needham schools with us but did not graduate with us. If you feel more associated with this class than your own, we can provide you with a guest account.
- Click the link to join the site
- Follow the prompts to create your Profile.
- The password that you enter during this process will be used as your login password. CAUTION: If you are married to another of our classmates, you may use the same e-mail address but NOT the same password. If you do use the same password, it will result in changes being made to the name that is first in the Classmate Profiles list.
- You can personalize your page with information such as what have you been up to since graduation in 1970, school memories, your family, and photos. Even videos you or your family may have on YouTube! It is your page! Enjoy customizing it.
- Restricting Access to your Profile Information: In the process of setting up your Profile, at the bottom of Step (page) 2, you will see:
- Profile Visibility which allows you to choose who can view your page. If you choose to click this option, only your classmates who have signed in will be able to see your information, photos, videos, etc. If you do not click this option, your non-classmate friends and family will be able to see your profile. Personally, when I learned that profile visibility does not include address, phone number and e-mail address, I chose to NOT click it. Thus, if you're reading this and aren't signed in, you can see my information.
- Contact Details which allows you to choose whether or not classmates who are signed in can view your address, phone number and e-mail address. I chose to NOT click it. Why? Because, at the bottom of your page, there is an ability for a classmate to send you an e-mail without revealing your e-mail address. You can then chose whether or not to provide your e-mail address directly or ignore the message.
Using the Website:
- When you log in, click "Remember Me" and you won't need to log in next time you come to our site. CAUTION: Don't click "Remember Me" unless you are using your own personal computer! (We recommend you be sure to log out if you are using a public computer.)
- If you don't remember your password, click "Forgot Password?" Your password will be sent to you via e-mail. (I've tried it and it arrived in less than a minute, actually, within a few seconds!)
- If you change your email address, snail mail address, or phone number, please update those in your Profile so we have your correct information at all times. (Sign in, and under MEMBER FUNCTIONS, click Edit Contact Info).
- Always check back to the Home Page, where main information and announcements are made.
- Most of all, enjoy and have fun with our website and your own page!
- Edit / Upload Photos:
- Be sure you are logged in on the home page. In the links on the left side under MEMBER FUNCTIONS, click on the link: Edit/Upload Photos.
- The Photo page will appear and you’ll see a gray box titled: Upload New photo. Click on this box and you will be at the Add Photo page.
- The Add Photo page gives basic instructions for uploading your photos. There are 3 places on this page to make entries.
- Sort: The sort number controls the order in which photos display on your page. By default your pictures will appear in the order you entered them, so this isn’t important for your first picture. But later if you want picture #5 to appear as #1, you will have to change the sort numbers on your pictures. If you delete a picture, the sort numbers for the remaining pictures do not change (e.g., if you delete picture #2 out of 4 pictures, you will show pictures #1, 3, and 4.)
Caption: Caption is the description you write for your picture.
Browse: This is the most important one, for this is how you find the picture on your computer and get it to appear on your page.
- Your first picture will automatically be Sort Number 1.
- Now click the Browse button. A list of folders on your computer will show up. Locate the folder that holds your picture. For most classmates this will be the My Pictures folder located in the My Documents folder. When you have clicked through to your picture file, click the view button at the top to show icons as pictures. This makes it easier to find the specific picture you want to upload.
- Select the picture you want to upload by clicking on it once, and then clickOpen at the bottom of the box.
- Now you will be taken back to the Add Photo page and in the Upload Photobox you will see the path to your picture.
- Enter the Caption for your picture in the box.
- Click the SAVE CHANGES button.
- Now go to your Profile page and look for your picture and caption.
Shortcut for multiple pictures: If you are uploading several pictures that are in different folders, you can copy them to your desktop, then delete them later. Make sure you COPY, not move, your pictures, so you won’t delete the original.
If you are still having problems, please contact us.
PRIVACY NOTICE: All contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address) entered into this website will be kept confidential. It will not be shared or distributed. Your contact information is private: your street address, e-mail address, and phone number cannot be seen by the classmates unless you grant permission on your Profile (see above). When someone clicks on your name, the only contact information they will see is your city and state and whatever information about yourself you choose to put on your Profile. Unless you explicitly grant your permission, your email address is not visible, although an email can be sent to you using the contact box at the bottom of your Profile page. Note, however, if you send a message to someone through their Profile page, the Classmate will see your email address so that they can respond.
Updated April 2010